Owned and operated by Lance Kragenbrink
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:00 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Just wanted to publicly thank Tracy at Luthier's suppliers for doing something he didnt have to do.

I bought a neck center finding jig from him a while back, and somehow in all of my shop remodeling I managed to drop it and break off one of the "ears" that slide along the fingerboard. I sent Tracy a PM and explained what had happened and that I wanted to BUY one of the ears, and he insisted that he would just send me a replacement at no charge. Today, I got a package from him, priority mail, with a complete SET of ears....postage paid, and no bill for them.

You cant find that kind of service anymore and I am humbled by his generosity.

THANKS tracy!! [clap] [:Y:] [clap] [:Y:]

Ken H

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:10 pm 
Koa
Koa

City: Duluth
State: MN
Focus: Build
Very cool that you brought it to our collective attention, Ken, and it really is great to hear. The stories of poor customer service (not here, but in general) are plentiful and it really is a treat to hear one from the good side of the equation.

Way to go, Tracy!

Dennis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:17 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I have to agree with this. I won't go into too many details, but the set of radius dishes I bought from Tracy warped a bit. He went far far out of his way to help me get them right and sent me another goodie on top of it all.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:24 am 
Site Admin

First name: Lance
Last Name: Kragenbrink
City: Vandercook Lake
State: Michigan
Zip/Postal Code: 49203
Ill pile on a bit, not with customer service cuz we all know what kind a guy Tracy is. [clap]
But rather a product that I just think is the berries!
His Brace Maker jig.
I use this tool for every guitar I make, and It just does a fantastic job, and fast!

If you have not yet bit the bullet and bought one of these I HIGHLY recommend it.

Thanks Tracy for the cool stuff you bring to the OLF!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:20 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Tracy
Last Name: Leveque
City: Denver
State: CO
Awe Shucks :oops:
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I do this job as a side business, so my number one goal is to have happy customers, and to help the Luthier community. Thanks everyone for supporting my business. I promise to keep coming up with cool jigs. In fact, as of today, I now offer radius dishes for ukulele builders. And also, we just came out with some more neck templates, 3 of them for the ukulele(Soprano, Concert and Tenor). Even got 2 new classical guitar necks('69 Ramirez, and a Rubio) and Banjo neck templates for anyone wanting to make a banjo neck for their guitar ;)

The new dishes can be found HERE

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:38 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Waddy
Last Name: Thomson
City: Charlotte
State: NC
Tracy, that link didn't work for me. I was just looking though.

Photobucket Build Album Library

Sound Clips of most of my guitars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:44 pm 
Koa
Koa

WaddyT wrote:
Tracy, that link didn't work for me. I was just looking though.

Sorry about that...here is the correct link http://www.luthiersuppliers.com/products/p4.html

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:49 pm 
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood

Lance Kragenbrink wrote:
Ill pile on a bit, not with customer service cuz we all know what kind a guy Tracy is. [clap]
But rather a product that I just think is the berries!
His Brace Maker jig.
I use this tool for every guitar I make, and It just does a fantastic job, and fast!

If you have not yet bit the bullet and bought one of these I HIGHLY recommend it.

Thanks Tracy for the cool stuff you bring to the OLF!

Since we are piling on I will chime in too. :lol:

I too have the brace shaping jig... and I will be honest. I really didn't get the point of it at first. I tried it a few times and it worked ok, but after a learning a little more about how Lance was using it I gave it another shot and I will tell you, it is fantastic. I love it. My other brace shaping jig is now gathering dust.

And the other thing I got that I thought I would rarely use was the radius templates. I figured that once I had my jigs made I would "almost never" use them... and I find that I use them all the time for things. They too are great.

But the BEST in my book are those neck shaping templates. They are really handy and very well thought out.

Kudos!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:15 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

I probably need to get one of those (Brace Makers) as well. I have tried unsuccessfully twice to make a brace making jig that I was happy with only to get so so results. I have bought from Tracy before and as others have said, he is great to do business with.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:45 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Don
Last Name: Atwood
City: Arlington
State: Virginia
Tracy really has some great jigs that just can't be purchased anywhere else and are really reasonably priced. [:Y:] If you are in need of radius dishes and don't want to make a huge mess, I'd recommend you check out his extira dishes. I can't wait to see what he offers next. Kudos, Tracy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:14 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Tracy keeps my guitar building classes well supplied with all his jigs. I am getting to the point that I don't think I could teach/build without using his jigs. They really make my life easier!! Thanks Tracy. [clap]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:57 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Brock Poling wrote:
I too have the brace shaping jig... and I will be honest. I really didn't get the point of it at first. I tried it a few times and it worked ok, but after a learning a little more about how Lance was using it I gave it another shot and I will tell you, it is fantastic. I love it. My other brace shaping jig is now gathering dust.

Hey Brock, I have that but haven't made any brace blanks yet. Can you say more about how you two are using it?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:03 pm 
Koa
Koa

Wow, I'm really honored to have such great customers! Thank you all for helping me do what I love. I have to tell you all that doing business in the Lutherie community is really amazing. I have over 800 orders in the last 3 years and I have never been burned for non payment. I've sent orders before receiving money, and accepted personal checks, and I'm just amazed at how honest this community is! I'd say that if I was doing business with a different group of folks I would have been burned by someone already. I think this is a real tribute to the kind of people Lutherie attracts. Glad you all like the products. I have a few more new jigs coming very soon. One is the Easy Jointer jig used to joint your tops and backs, and the other is the Simple Fretboard Radiusing Jig. I'll make a post in the next week or so with details.

P.S. I'm with James on this...Brock I'd love to see how you and Lance are using this jig too!