Cocobolo

First name: john
Last Name: shelton
City: Alsea
State: Oregon
Zip/Postal Code: 97324
Focus: Build
Sprockett wrote:
One thing I forgot to mention is that Social Media is a great place to show your work, I've been showing pictures of my progress on the Ukes, and already have gotten a buyer for one. Others are watching, and when they interact all their contacts see the posting. I have another one who is interested and once I put it in his hands I'm positive it will be gone, he actually asked me if I could have by the 17th of this month, and I told him no way, I'm not playing that game, it will be done when I feel it's done :)

I've been able to sell Longboards and other projects off of there and get orders, for me the best feeling (not just guitars) is that in the last three years my shop has started to earn money. I just bought a new spindle/edge sander from my last order, money coming in is being used to upgrade tools and purchase things that I really need.

Is there any better feeling than seeing your efforts bringing in customers and profits? It almost makes up for the years of scrimping and starving when you were getting started.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:39 pm 
Koa
Koa

jshelton wrote:
Sprockett wrote:
One thing I forgot to mention is that Social Media is a great place to show your work, I've been showing pictures of my progress on the Ukes, and already have gotten a buyer for one. Others are watching, and when they interact all their contacts see the posting. I have another one who is interested and once I put it in his hands I'm positive it will be gone, he actually asked me if I could have by the 17th of this month, and I told him no way, I'm not playing that game, it will be done when I feel it's done :)

I've been able to sell Longboards and other projects off of there and get orders, for me the best feeling (not just guitars) is that in the last three years my shop has started to earn money. I just bought a new spindle/edge sander from my last order, money coming in is being used to upgrade tools and purchase things that I really need.

Is there any better feeling than seeing your efforts bringing in customers and profits? It almost makes up for the years of scrimping and starving when you were getting started.

That's the truth, not just scrimping and saving but hours put into jigs, buying expensive tools, learning proper fit and finish, a correct setup. I love all that, it's a constant challenge, but when I sell one it's all worth it :)

I just had someone contact me about buying a guitar on facebook. No commission, I told him I would build from what I have and he could have initial input, but the rest is up to me.

So it seems Facebook is already paying off :)

Where was it 10 years ago when I building like crazy!!