It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

Post subject: Hats off to the Hamptons
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:02 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I’m in the curious position of building a guitar for a client. Ahem, a friend. After talking, we decided to go with Madagascar rosewood and Adirondack spruce—a quintessential combination. Over the past few weeks I’ve had the distinct pleasure of working with Matt Hampton to source the spruce. It’s been a distinct pleasure. Matt has gone above and beyond to make sure I have a small but solid variety of tops on hand to choose from. Thanks, Matt!

This is not meant to be an ad, but I was surprised by the by the variety of other tops, backs and sides, bracing, and neck blanks they have since I usually associate the Hamptons with Adi.

Matt and I used phone communication for the most part at (606) 627-4873, but you can email him, too: Hamptonbros@live.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:09 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Brian
Last Name: Itzkin
State: NY/Granada
Focus: Build
+1 for the Hamptons! Ordering from Matt is always a pleasure, I usually DM him on Instagram with what I'm looking for, Venmo him the cash and a few days later receive some exceptional material with something funny written on the label (Itzkin's b-itchin scratch itchin picking boxes for the company name or Magnum BI written somewhere on the box).

My last order was for two OM tops in the $100 range each and when they arrived they weren't of the quality I had come to expect. When I messaged Matt he explained he had hired a helper who's still getting the grading down and once I returned the tops I quickly received two absolutely stunning tops with lovely grain structure and no visible runout

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:54 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

City: Lenoir City
State: TN
Zip/Postal Code: 37772
Focus: Repair
Matt and Nathan are good guys to work with. I've bought Adi tops, back/side sets and brace wood from them over a time period of at least five years. I've always received great value for the price.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:48 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

oval soundhole wrote:
My last order was for two OM tops in the $100 range each and when they arrived they weren't of the quality I had come to expect. When I messaged Matt he explained he had hired a helper who's still getting the grading down and once I returned the tops I quickly received two absolutely stunning tops with lovely grain structure and no visible runout

This is exactly what happened with my order. I was hesitant to let him know, but when I did he made short work of a remedy. That service is really what inspired me to post.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:31 pm 
Walnut
Walnut

First name: matt
Last Name: hampton
City: dandridge
State: tn
Zip/Postal Code: 37725
Well. Looks like we only screwed up 2 of the 3 orders under review...

This means we can now advertise a success rate of OVER 33% [:Y:]

These users thanked the author matt hampton for the post (total 3): John Arnold (Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:32 pm) • Clinchriver (Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:09 am) • Pmaj7 (Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:30 pm)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:11 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

State: Tennessee
Yep, great folks to deal with, Steve and I have the luxury of paying a visit and digging through the pile :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:44 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: John
Last Name: Arnold
City: Newport
State: TN
Zip/Postal Code: 37821
Focus: Repair
Quote:
I was surprised by the by the variety of other tops, backs and sides, bracing, and neck blanks they have since I usually associate the Hamptons with Adi.

The variety of woods (both domestic and imported) that Nathan and Matt offer is crazy. From figured sweetgum to wild grain EIR, it's a reflection of their total immersion in WAS (Wood Acquisition Syndrome). American Smoketree, anyone?

Hopefully, the long-awaited website will be up and running soon.