All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Ultimate tool
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:57 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Focus: Build
Love it! I enjoy organizing my space and making jigs and holders just as much as building guitars. I would love to see a tour of everyone's shop.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:23 pm 
Koa
Koa

Pmaj7 wrote:
Love it! I enjoy organizing my space and making jigs and holders just as much as building guitars. I would love to see a tour of everyone's shop.

I enjoy seeing how people set up their shops in whatever spaces they have. Some excellent tiny shops out there. Here's a few pics of my setup that works for me.

I finally built a hand tools cabinet from Mike Pekovich (FWW) plans that I'm pretty proud of. It helped motivate me to get better organized. Here's a pic of my "hand tools" shop which is a bedroom off of my attached garage. All my machines, wood storage, etc. is in my shop/garage where I make dust instead of shavings. My workspace/shop has been an ongoing work in progress for many years.

These users thanked the author Darrel Friesen for the post (total 3): Durero (Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:24 pm) • bcombs510 (Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:31 pm) • meddlingfool (Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:26 pm)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:15 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

First name: Brian
City: U.P.
State: Michigan
Dang Darrel, now that is beautiful. I wish I could emulate something like that organizationally. I tried something similar, fashioned after my dad's tool cabinet. A fond memory of my youth some 60 years back.

My problem was every time I thought I had it nailed, I added another intermediate tool and no where to put it, finally I gave up and went with plastic boxes and tools on shelves haphazard unless you are me.

It works but I envy getting to the point where I only store and keep the tools I actually use. I know there is excess in my shop but it's hard to let go of tools even if you've moved on to something better.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:29 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Incredible space, Darrel!

This thread put the fire under my butt to get the garage in gear. I worked out a floor plan my best friend thanked me profusely for (he gets his workout in in the morning) and I've been drawing up plans for a long overdue workbench that should give me more workspace and provide some critical storage. Pretty happy. This should make everything easily accessible (and usable), open up the floor space, and use the walls.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:47 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Ed
Last Name: Minch
City: Chestertown
State: MD
Zip/Postal Code: 21620
I just took a break in a redwood/maple Stauffer necked 00 size to build some bunk beds. So my bench (28" X 74") looks like the local landfill.

Ed

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

These users thanked the author Ruby50 for the post: jshelton (Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:53 pm)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:53 pm 
Koa
Koa

Ruby50 wrote:
I just took a break in a redwood/maple Stauffer necked 00 size to build some bunk beds. So my bench (28" X 74") looks like the local landfill.

Ed

Mine usually looks like that too Ed before I tidy it up for pics. Nice sliding deadman!