Official Luthiers Forum!

Owned and operated by Lance Kragenbrink
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:49 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

I have been processing and wrapping and welding and programing and .....Well I just took some pictures! I am looking at this as a spring cleaning opportunity. So first off:

I have about 40 or 50 sets of 2A or so Archtop Mandolin sets. Since we now have a Mando subforum I thought I should start with these. Let's move them out for $18 per set. Great practice, awesome for bursts and actually are just fine clear coated as well...although Hesh would paint them black laughing6-hehe !

Attachment:
2a Mando.jpg

I have at least 4 (and probably a few more) WRC Arch mando sets as well. $20 each.

Attachment:
WRC Mando.jpg

Next, I am getting overrun with orphan and "issue" sets. These are great for back strips, soundhole patches, even classical fan braces. I am selling these for $7 per pair. Some may be matched sets others will be orphans and I won't be sorting (except the real ugly ones will make firewood). I have over 200 or more of these. Remember that shipping is a minimum of like $15 and up for a package that would be 4 pieces so ordering one of two will cost you more in shipping. Many of these sets will have defects that won't allow any guitar pattern, some are near mastergrade orphan sets, all will make for usable pieces in guitar making!

Attachment:
Orphan Lutz.jpg

People are regularly asking about nice typical Honduras Mahogany back and side sets. Well how about these: I have about 40 sets ready to go. The nice cleans ones are $70 and I have some with worm holes (black CA or epoxy is the fix!) that I will let go for $50.

Attachment:
Hond.jpg

More in the next post.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Shane Neifer on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:20 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Next a bunch of bangin' bubinga at blow out prices (I need a loud polyester suit [xx(] )

Anyway, these are wonderfully figured sets of premium tonewood. I only have a few still with sapwood. But I do have about 65 or so sets of this stuff and I only advertise it on the swap meets so far. But now I could use the space for other items I am thinking about so I have priced these to move.

***NOTE*** I have written the price of each set in white chalk right on the back. Make the picture larger (double click it) and the price is there. If this isn't easy for you I will post the price on each set. Thanks...... oops_sign

Attachment:
Bub 3.jpg

Set #3 - $110

Attachment:
Bub 13.jpg

Set #13 - $120

Attachment:
Bub 21.jpg

Set #21 - $110

Attachment:
Bub 28.jpg

Set #28 - $110

Attachment:
Bub 5.jpg

Set #5 - $110 Sold to Michael L

Attachment:
Bub 6.jpg

Set #6 - $110

Attachment:
Bub 22.jpg

Set #22 - $110

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Shane Neifer on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:27 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

And a few more:

Attachment:
Bub 34.jpg

Set #34 - $150 Sold To Zach E

Attachment:
Bub 58.jpg

Set #58 - $100 (worm hole in back of back, not through the surface.....yet!)

Attachment:
Bub 56.jpg

Set #56 - $210 Sold Michael L

Attachment:
Bub 78.jpg

Set #78 - $210

Remember, I have LOTS more of these so can post more pics if requested.

I will get more stuff up tomorrow.

Thanks

Shane

Last edited by Shane Neifer on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:33 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Glenn
Last Name: LaSalle
City: Saint Petersburg
State: Florida
Hi Shane,

How much are the Bubinga sets? I didn't see a price.

Thanks!

Glenn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:39 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Glenn LaSalle wrote:
Hi Shane,

How much are the Bubinga sets? I didn't see a price.

Thanks!

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

I wrote the prices right on each set. When you enlarge them to see the fine figure the price is there as well in white chalk. Would it be better if I just wrote the prices below each set? Maybe I will do that anyway!

Thanks to you and Joe White for pointing out my poor salesman ship laughing6-hehe . Oh well....

Still laughing (at myself!)

Shane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:30 pm 
Koa
Koa

#34 please

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:39 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Zach Ehley wrote:
#34 please

You bet Zach. Do you want this wrapped and shipped or do you want to wait a bit and see what else I end up posting? I am sending a bunch of packages tomorrow and the next shipment will be later in the week.

Thanks

Shane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:44 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I'll take 1 set of good mahogany please.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:58 pm 
Koa
Koa

Shane Neifer wrote:
Zach Ehley wrote:
#34 please

You bet Zach. Do you want this wrapped and shipped or do you want to wait a bit and see what else I end up posting? I am sending a bunch of packages tomorrow and the next shipment will be later in the week.

Thanks

Shane

Hold off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:12 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

First name: Michael
Last Name: Lloyd
City: Toronto
Focus: Build
Hi Shane,

If still available.

#56, #5 and 2 x Mahogany @ $70.

Thanks,

“I was born to ignorance, yes, and lesser poverties ...
I was born to privilege that I did not see ... I didn’t know it, but my way was paved” – John Gorka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:42 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Thanks Mark and Michael. I have those items marked as yours. I will hold for a couple of days and then send PM's for shipping info and payment arrangements. I will be adding more stuff over the next couple of days.

Shane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

A couple of more items!

First up some Sperzel tuners, these are very nice and a few acoustics makers use them but a LOT of electric makers really like these well made and light tuning keys. I have 3 sets of gold and one black. $30 per set.

Attachment:
Sperzel.jpg

Since we are on tuners, who about a few sets of Gotoh SG381's, 4 chrome (at $28 each) and 3 gold (at $35 each). Note that one of the chrome sets has "Gibson" style buttons (second from left).

Attachment:
Gotoh pegs.jpg

Next I am moving away from Gotoh truss rods as I am starting to make rods myself and will introduce a double acting rod soon. So there are two sizes, 15.875" overall length and 16.875 overall length. I have 20 long ones and 11 short ones. $9 each!!

Attachment:
Gotoh rods.jpg

Last on this post are a set of radius dishes made especially for vacuum presses. I paid over $500 to have these made but have decided to stay with go-bars as I will be making a bunch of different radius dishes and searching for the radius I like. Plus I just like my go-bar deck. Anyway, I am taking a big hit by selling these 3/4" acrylic premium CNC made dishes for $385. There is a 15', 25' and 30' radius. There are two tops, one with fabric that has a crack in a corner joint and another one piece one that we made but that does not have fabric yet, you will need to do that. They have never been used, only tested.

Attachment:
vacuum dish1.jpg

Attachment:
vacuum dish2.jpg

More stuff coming later.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:33 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

verhoevenc wrote:
Which Sperzel tuners are they?? Are they the trim locks? ie: locking? Or just the standards? If they're the trim locks would you be willing to do $100 for all 4 sets?
Chirs

They Are the standard ones Chris. I have a couple sets of trim locks but I am keeping them.

Shane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:00 am 
Mahogany
Mahogany

First name: Keith
Last Name: Lally
City: Brookhaven
State: New York
Shane,
I'll take the black set and a gold set of the Sperzels. Maybe you can get them in the other package that's heading my way today?
Thanks.
- Keith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:26 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

I promised myself I was either going to stay out of this swap or unload some stuff to bring in some cash, but what the heck… Shane, do you have any Gotoh mandolin tuners? I’m interested in both A and F-style ones, ivorid knobs if possible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:41 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Arnt Rian wrote:
I promised myself I was either going to stay out of this swap or unload some stuff to bring in some cash, but what the heck… Shane, do you have any Gotoh mandolin tuners? I’m interested in both A and F-style ones, ivorid knobs if possible.

Arnt, All I have on hand is one gold "A" set with black buttons, but in the spirit of the meet and since you broke down barriers to get here I can order you some in with ivoriod buttons either "A" or "F". Gold would be $75 and Nickel would be $60. Those are even cheaper than LMI's "multiples" prices.

Thanks

Shane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:52 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Keith Lally wrote:
Shane,
I'll take the black set and a gold set of the Sperzels. Maybe you can get them in the other package that's heading my way today?
Thanks.
- Keith

You got it Keith. They will go out in about 45 minutes! So you can send the $60 in the same manner as the last funds if you like.

Thanks

Shane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:59 am 
Mahogany
Mahogany

First name: Keith
Last Name: Lally
City: Brookhaven
State: New York
Funds sent. Thanks Shane.
- Keith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:46 am 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

First name: Michael
Last Name: Lloyd
City: Toronto
Hi Shane,

Please add 3 x Gotoh SG381's Gold tuners to the list.

Thanks,

“I was born to ignorance, yes, and lesser poverties ...
I was born to privilege that I did not see ... I didn’t know it, but my way was paved” – John Gorka

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:31 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Shane Neifer wrote:
Arnt, All I have on hand is one gold "A" set with black buttons, but in the spirit of the meet and since you broke down barriers to get here I can order you some in with ivoriod buttons either "A" or "F". Gold would be $75 and Nickel would be $60. Those are even cheaper than LMI's "multiples" prices.

Sounds good, Shane. I'll take 2 of the A sets and 2 F sets then, both nickel, with ivorid knobs. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:19 pm 
Koa
Koa

Shane,
What species are the mando cuts and what are their dimensions and grain direction? They appear to be slabs and not wedges... is this typical of the lot?
thanks,
chris

live every minute...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:12 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Chris Oliver wrote:
Shane,
What species are the mando cuts and what are their dimensions and grain direction? They appear to be slabs and not wedges... is this typical of the lot?
thanks,
chris

Hi Chris, these are slabs, .875 x 5.875 x 16 (approx). I have been supplying regularly to Roger Siminoff for about 6 years and this is his preferred format. These are all lutz spruce and quarter sawn for the most part. Some may be a little off quarter but not too much (that is one of the down grading factors) but most just have a colour or wider or uneven grain lines, things like that. If these were figured backs wedges would be better so that you could capture the book match better, but as these are spruce with little to no figure wedges have little advantage and take longer to process. That is my thoughts anyway and they mirror those of guys like Roger (for mandos) and Peter Hopkins and Mario Beauregard (for archtop guitars). Anyway that is what they is and why they is!!

Thanks Chris

Shane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:14 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Arnt Rian wrote:
Shane Neifer wrote:

Sounds good, Shane. I'll take 2 of the A sets and 2 F sets then, both nickel, with ivorid knobs. Thanks!

I'll get 'em ordered and ship to you when they get here. I need a couple myself!

Thanks Arnt

Shane

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:45 pm 
Koa
Koa

Shane Neifer wrote:
Chris Oliver wrote:
Shane,
thanks,
chris

Hi Chris, these are slabs, .875 x 5.875 x 16 (approx).
Thanks Chris

Shane

Shane,
would you do 5 sets for $75 + shipping?
chris

live every minute...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:44 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

Quote:
Philip Perdue wrote:
What I'm looking for are some inexpensive tops that are ukulele size. In fact, I believe others are looking for the same. Looking for 14" long and 10"-10.25" wide. Two pieces or one piece of Lutz, spruce, cedar. I can accept some color as long as the tops as stiff. Looking for clean wood with no defects since I won't be painting mine black like Hesh.

Philip

Philip,

I just sent a few sets off to Kerry Char for Ukes. So here is the deal. I have about 50 or so sets that have an issue for guitars but they can be reprocessed to uke or mandolin sets. I saved a bunch for some projects I am thinking about as well. Anyway, they are $15 per set and some will make mastergrade small instrument sets. Since I will not be reprocessing these they will be shipped in guitar sizes so shipping to the US will be a minimum of $15 so buying one set may not be the way to go.

Thanks

Shane

Shane,

I would like 4 sets please. A PM is also on the way.

Philip

If you think my playing is bad you should hear me sing!
Practice breeds confidence and confidence breeds competence. Unfortunately, I'm stuck in practice.