PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:29 am 
Site Admin

First name: Lance
Last Name: Kragenbrink
City: Vandercook Lake
State: Michigan
Zip/Postal Code: 49203
Focus: Build
Sorry i didn't reply sooner, Ive been gone all day today.

I have bent the sides, and installed the end block. The neck block is cut and ready to be glued in, its over sized length wise, as that is how I make them. I go flush with the top and sand them down to the final height from the bottom side with the bowl sander.

As for me, I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Id be happy to send the rims on to the next stop for profiling and kerfing.

I have had plenty of time, but like so many other things this has fallen to the back burner just to many times. My limited time that I get in the shop has been spent on clients guitars, one if which I should have had done in December, so Ive been working against that time line as well.

NOW, I say this NOT as an excuse, I have had plenty of time, I just simply have not gotten it done.

Anybody game to profile and kerf this beast?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:28 pm 
Old Growth Brazilian
Old Growth Brazilian

as far as I knew everone is still in. Thatgoes for me anyway. The only real issue with St judes that I have been aware of was the logo usage right and every company is pretty darn protective of their logo rights. I don't se haow that really impeads us at all. Dont' Idon't think you will need to worry about the other fulfilling obligations. Have patints. It is not an easy task to build one guitatr on a cross country effort. but will just bet you that it gets done and done skillfuly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:05 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

[QUOTE=highdrawlicks] Bruce Dickey had a wonderful suggestion for a new beneficiary, that we might want to consider---AFTER WE DECIDE whether or not we're really going to do this.
[/QUOTE]

I see Michael has exited the project. Looks like a ramrod is needed. I'm not volunteering for that job. But I would like to volunteer one of two tops I have already made up in Adirondack spruce, along with completed rosette and bracing. Where do I send it?

Second, re-examine Michael's comment above regarding a beneficiary. I won't get into this "on forum" but there is an unseen need for this very guitar. It is OLF related and many of you will go, "Oh yeah!", when I share this with you. Please email me and I'll share with you what I shared privately with Michael.

Michael, you did your part. The Humane Society is an honorable cause. Salute.