Official Luthiers Forum!

Owned and operated by Lance Kragenbrink
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:45 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

I wanted to sign up, but have not decided what to build yet. I mentioned in the previous sign up thread that I have completed one OM. I built it in 2005 but had to do some more work to it in 2007 to actually get it playable. I have a couple of more builds in progress that I may actually attempt to finish while I am working on the challenge including one started in 2007. So you can see that quick building has nor been my strong suite.

Good luck all. At some point in the next couple of months I will decide which of many potential projects I will start for the challenge.

Greg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:22 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

At this point I need to do some shop work before I look to get started on any builds. Also need to build a mold and bending form. I actually started on one a while back that is some where between a Martin00, L-00, or Taylor Grand Concert. I think these are all about the same size. So I will work on finishing that up sometime in the future.

I also have some not so primo Brazilian (??) that I acquired some years ago. a while back I offered it up in the classifieds and the thought was I might have bought something that wasn't that great. Anyway, I will plan to use it on this build.

I will try to work on an ebay "Martin Kit" OM at the same time. But for the challenge, I will use the "Brazilian" and WRC.

At least that is the plan for now.

Greg