Official Luthiers Forum!

Owned and operated by Lance Kragenbrink
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:51 am 
Old Growth Brazilian
Old Growth Brazilian

Ok, It is time to decide as to if we continue with the project , who it will benefit , and what to do with in-process materials and components if we let it go.

Please use this poll as a ballet. Vote only if you are involved in the project.

Option 1) Continue on with St. Jude as the benefactor, action the guitar our self and present St Jude the funds as a donation.

Option 2) Continue on using the guitar to help fulfill Stan Thompson’s donation guitar pledge (as suggested by Bruce Dickey.)

Option 3) Continue on, find a struggling musician or other candidate worthy of the donation. This should not be hard considering the network the combined OLF community has

Option 4) Discontinue the project. Put the back sides and neck up for auction on the forum (with the donator’s permission of course)

Option 5)There are a few that are willing to complete the project the best they can regardless. Turn the projet over to them for completion and benefactor determination.

Option 6-10) Other

I will edit the poll when new suggestions are submitted.

My person Opinion is that we are as much to blame as St Jude because we did not set down with them in the very beginning and discus the project. I truly believe that if we had and explained how thing would have to go for a cross country build to come off, they would have understood. If we had done so I think a celebrity action would have benefited them nicely.

But that is all water under the bridge now. So if you are still wish to be involved please take the time to cast your vote. This vote will not be necessarily binding at this time but will point the direction we head and a final resolution will be determined buy the end of the week so here is your opportunity to let your suggestions be known.

P.S. The current status report will be out tomorrow

OOPs there is a smaller character limit than planed for in the poll so please read the post for detailsMichaelP38754.4286805556

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:39 am 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

Michael,

I honestly don't know what difference it would have made if we had approached them in the very beginning. They have all the information on how it is being constructed and its travels etc. I even gave them this website address to check out and verify our bona fides. What I have learned is that they are a huge outfit with a massive fundraising mechanism in place. It could be that $4-5K or so doesn't mean that much if they have to go way out of the ordinary to get it. What is well established is that because I live around Toledo, Ohio, I will have to deal with the person who "handles" this area. Take that for what it is worth.

That being said, hindsight is always 20-20.

In my discussions with them they were not averse to any suggestion I proposed. This included the possibility of auctioning it off on eBay (my personal favorite). I also mentioned a live auction but they are very regionalized in their fundraising and that may have caused some poiliticking within their ranks (my thoughts, my guess)

I guess that the bottom line is that if we choose to work with a large outfit such as St. Jude's, we will have to expect different treatment than if we deal with a more local or regional charity.

Regards, Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:52 am 
Old Growth Brazilian
Old Growth Brazilian

Well 13 of the original 24 have voted so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:12 am 
Old Growth Brazilian
Old Growth Brazilian

polls to close at Midnight Tuesday. this should give all a chance to vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:55 pm 
Old Growth Brazilian
Old Growth Brazilian

Early vote exit polling show option 2 in the clear lead. Personaly I think this is a very good option. As it helps one of our own to fulfill a commitment that I am sure he is heartbroke that he as not been able to.

That is not to discout any others options. Just a general thought and comment on that one.

As the say in Boston " Vote early! Vote often!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:42 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

It's Chicago where they "Vote early/Vote often. One of good ol' mayor Daly's favorite expressions. The largest voter registration of dead people in the world.
I think Boston was "bought" by the Kennedy's!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:13 pm 
Old Growth Brazilian
Old Growth Brazilian

well 18 out of 24 vote I recon that better that most general elections percentage wise We have wat appears to be a clear winner.

With that said Brock has another option that I can not expand on just yet, but will be able to soon. I think we should hold off on derclaring for a day or so till you get the chance to here what Brock has in mind then we deside.

Can I here a second to hold on the winner till Brock has a day or tow to verifi his options viability?