Walnut
Walnut

First name: Kyle
Last Name: Baxter
City: Tucson
State: AZ
Zip/Postal Code: 85735
Focus: Build
Hi everyone. I’m Kyle. I’ve been lurking here for a few months and am a new builder....Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone knows what’s up with Alaska woods. I’ve been trying to make another order with them, but their site is down. Anyone know anything? Thanks!
Ps
I absolutely love OLF so far. It’s such a great resource and am so happy to have found it. So far I’ve read every post back to the 23rd page. Thanks everyone for your excellent contributions!

Post subject: Re: Alaska woods
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:23 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Robert
Last Name: Cefalu
City: Buffalo
State: NY
Zip/Postal Code: 14217
Try RC Tonewoods. We are a sponsor here and have a good selection of soundboards.

1109 Military Rd.
Kenmore, NY 14217
(716) 874-1498

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:51 am 
Walnut
Walnut

Bobc wrote:
Try RC Tonewoods. We are a sponsor here and have a good selection of soundboards.

Thanks Bob, I actually have bought a few sets from you guys recently. Very happy with the quality and customer service, thanks!

These users thanked the author Blacklotus for the post: Bobc (Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:48 am)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:16 am 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

First name: Greg
Last Name: Maxwell
City: Mount Vernon
State: Ohio
You can reach Brent by phone at 907 401-0172 or 855 425-9663. He has been having some issues with his site. Great guy to talk to and deal with.

These users thanked the author Greg Maxwell for the post: Alaska Splty Woods (Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:45 pm)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:29 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: ernest
Last Name: kleinman
City: lee's summit
State: mo
Zip/Postal Code: 64081
Brent iz da man for large quantities of sitka spruce . I received a large weissenborn top for a project, I/m frugal an just don/t like the high shipping charges from ak, so check with bob to see if he has what you want ??

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:29 pm 
OLF Sponsor
OLF Sponsor

First name: Brent
Last Name: Cole Sr
City: Craig
State: Alaska
Zip/Postal Code: 99921
Blacklotus wrote:
Hi everyone. I’m Kyle. I’ve been lurking here for a few months and am a new builder....Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone knows what’s up with Alaska woods. I’ve been trying to make another order with them, but their site is down. Anyone know anything? Thanks!
Ps
I absolutely love OLF so far. It’s such a great resource and am so happy to have found it. So far I’ve read every post back to the 23rd page. Thanks everyone for your excellent contributions!

I hadn't been here in awhile, login and see this post right on top.. The site/server was down for maybe 2-3 hours on the 2nd. but fixed. An auto bill, didn't auto-bill, and defaulted off.

We know well about shipping, as Ernie mentioned, it expensive to ship TO and From Alaska. His weisneborn top was too large for the priority flat rate box. Our new website and store is smart enough to pack flat rate boxes now. So it is deffintly the best deal for smaller retail orders. 8 flat tops will fit a flat rate box and ship for under $20..

We in Alaska have to pay the high shipping costs or everything we purchase and consume $5/gal of gas. $6 for a loaf of bread.. We in Alaska are not on the shipping lanes of high volume commerce.. I pray the high shipping costs don't wipe us out. Though our costs to operate are much higher than they were just 4 years ago, our prices remain the same as they were many more years before that and some prices have dropped just to try to stay alive.

One thing for sure. there are ferw in the world that can say all their soundboard products are produced 100% salvage sourced old growth. We do not contribute to the clear cutting of the last and largest intact remaining old growth forest in the US.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

These users thanked the author Alaska Splty Woods for the post (total 3): Pmaj7 (Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:06 am) • Jules (Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:44 am) • ChuckH (Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:55 pm)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:24 pm 
Walnut
Walnut

Just saw these reply’s. I was so far back in the archives I’ve missed the new posts. [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] anyways, thanks all.
In regards to shipping cost, yes it is expensive but I found the quality, price of the tops and customer service to be well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Blacklotus for the post: Alaska Splty Woods (Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:55 pm)