Official Luthiers Forum!

Owned and operated by Lance Kragenbrink
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:56 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Brad
Last Name: Combs
Focus: Build
Here is mine along with a holder for nut files and slotting tools. I first saw this quick and easy table saw box from our good friend, Hesh. Grab some offcuts from a previous back and sides set and have at it. The zebrawood, padauk and Peruvian walnut shown here are offcuts from build #1, 2 and 5. :D

Hope that helps!
Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

These users thanked the author bcombs510 for the post: Hesh (Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:37 am)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:07 am 
Koa
Koa

Thanks for the post Brad. Now I have another thing on my build list!

These users thanked the author Darrel Friesen for the post: bcombs510 (Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:21 am)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:13 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

City: Lenoir City
State: TN
Zip/Postal Code: 37772
Focus: Repair
I made one like Brads. I did leave enough space on top so I could label the sizes.

These users thanked the author SteveSmith for the post: bcombs510 (Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:21 am)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:01 pm 
Mahogany
Mahogany

First name: Thomas
Last Name: Beltran
City: Los Angeles
State: California
Zip/Postal Code: 90014
Thank you - that looks nice and very useful.

bcombs510 wrote:
Here is mine along with a holder for nut files and slotting tools. I first saw this quick and easy table saw box from our good friend, Hesh. Grab some offcuts from a previous back and sides set and have at it. The zebrawood, padauk and Peruvian walnut shown here are offcuts from build #1, 2 and 5. :D
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

These users thanked the author ThomLuth for the post: bcombs510 (Sun Jan 01, 2023 11:33 pm)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:21 am 
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Hesh
Last Name: Breakstone
City: Ann Arbor
State: Michigan
The best caddy I've seen for these was gifted to me from OLF member Daniel Petrzelka. It's simple, it's small, it stores better than any other I have seen, easy to make and I was thrilled to receive it as an unsolicited gift, thanks again Daniel.

I don't want to post a pic because Daniel has been productizing some things recently and I don't know what his plans are for his caddy design. You might want to contact him here and ask him about his design it's my personal favorite.

These users thanked the author Hesh for the post (total 2): joshnothing (Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:40 am) • bcombs510 (Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:05 am)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:31 pm 
Mahogany
Mahogany

Hesh wrote:
The best caddy I've seen for these was gifted to me from OLF member Daniel Petrzelka. It's simple, it's small, it stores better than any other I have seen, easy to make and I was thrilled to receive it as an unsolicited gift, thanks again Daniel.
I don't want to post a pic because Daniel has been productizing some things recently and I don't know what his plans are for his caddy design. You might want to contact him here and ask him about his design it's my personal favorite.

Thank you Hesh. I googled him, which took me to his Instagram page - lots of great pictures and lots of great ideas. He has some pictures of a caddy, not sure if it is the one you have, but the pictures show a caddy that is simple and elegant.

These users thanked the author ThomLuth for the post: Hesh (Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:37 am)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:39 am 

ThomLuth wrote:
Hesh wrote:

Thank you Hesh. I googled him, which took me to his Instagram page - lots of great pictures and lots of great ideas. He has some pictures of a caddy, not sure if it is the one you have, but the pictures show a caddy that is simple and elegant.

Yep that's it and I thought his design was very cool simply for its simplicity let alone its economy of operations and materials. Great engineering!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:20 am 

OK have some pics of my boxes for my cauls and files and such.

Just a reiteration too for the newer members this caul set was made by our pal Andy Birko and Dave Collins my business partner consulted with Andy on which graduations the cauls should contain. It's a great set, we use ours nearly every day.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

These users thanked the author Hesh for the post: Durero (Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:41 pm)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:08 pm 
Mahogany
Mahogany

Hesh wrote:
OK have some pics of my boxes for my cauls and files and such.
Just a reiteration too for the newer members this caul set was made by our pal Andy Birko and Dave Collins my business partner consulted with Andy on which graduations the cauls should contain. It's a great set, we use ours nearly every day.

Here is what Daniel Petrzelka has on his page. He also has pictures of what looks like a very useful mold design.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

These users thanked the author ThomLuth for the post: Hesh (Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:52 pm)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:04 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

City: Lenoir City
State: TN
Zip/Postal Code: 37772
Focus: Repair

These users thanked the author SteveSmith for the post (total 4): Hesh (Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:02 am) • Durero (Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:25 pm) • Pmaj7 (Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:02 pm) • bcombs510 (Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:26 pm)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5