It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

Post subject: Inflation!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:59 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

I was in my local Hardwood dealer M.L.Condon boat lumber today and while I was standing there a lady comes down from the office and posts a new price sheet....

So, quarter sawn Sitka spruce went up $6. a board foot from $7 to $13!

Unreal.

Last edited by Brad Goodman on Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Inflation!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:14 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Ouch!!
I assume a big part of that shipping?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:53 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Jim Watts wrote:
Ouch!!
I assume a big part of that shipping?

I am sure that is part of it.

But "they" are telling me that the rate of inflation is 8.9% not 89% !!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:30 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Josh
Focus: Build
Not sure what it’s like in the US but here the price of diesel has risen 25% since January due to the triple impact of the war in Ukraine, pandemic supply chain weirdness plus domestic inflation … and so anything shipped in a truck is seeing price rises far in excess of the inflation rate.

It sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:45 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Brad Goodman wrote:
I was in my local Hardwood dealer M.L.Condon boat lumber today and while I was standing there a lady comes down from the office and posts a new price sheet....

Unreal.

Hi Brad,
It was BOAT lumber - Break Out Another Thousand! Having owned and worked on boats I have seen how many vendors take advantage of boat owners. Hyper inflation on boating stuff has been de rigueur for many years.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:57 am 
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Hesh
Last Name: Breakstone
City: Ann Arbor
State: Michigan
OTOH we raised our prices :)

On a serious note it's more expensive as a business owner to operate in this climate of rampant inflation, covid and a crazy economy that is either booming or in recession and no one seems to know which one....

So we did a modest price increase. We try to be on par with one competitor in our region as our North Star on pricing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:58 am 
Mahogany
Mahogany

First name: Thomas
Last Name: T
We printed Trillions of dollars. There's no free lunch.

These users thanked the author guitarmaker78 for the post: Pmaj7 (Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:50 pm)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:18 am 
Koa
Koa

City: Escondido
State: CA
Zip/Postal Code: 92029
guitarmaker78 wrote:

In Germany? In Japan? There is inflation all throughout the Western world. It’s a little provincial to think US monetary policy is the main cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

These users thanked the author rlrhett for the post: Hesh (Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:36 am)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:00 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Brad
Last Name: Combs
About six months ago I made a number of strategic moves financially because of concerns with the direction we were heading and my expectation that the world would be exactly where it is right now.

What concerned me was listening to business leaders across industries talk as if supply challenges just magically disappear at some future point when the pandemic would be declared “over”. That costs associated with components, in my industry it’s silicon, would resolve themselves the instant Covid ends. These are not uniformed Facebook users spouting nonsense, so I assume the words were merely to try to keep shareholders level headed.

A specific example, there is a part on all storage drives which is normally $.40 and is now over $100. That’s one example among many. Being quoted delivery estimates in the scope of quarters. Not days, weeks, months, but quarters! Watching release milestones continue to slip due to lack of hardware availability. Watching silicon providers move operations from one fab to another because it can possibly shorten lead times. It’s a lot of scrambling that doesn’t make me feel great about the state of things.

Totally agree with the points about inflation being felt everywhere. This is not a fiscal policy decision by one person, one party, etc… that has a 1 to 1 result. There are too many factors at play and it seems all decisions now are just reactionary?

Maybe some of you are economists and can chime in to help put everyone’s mind at ease. :D

These users thanked the author bcombs510 for the post (total 2): Chris Ide (Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:51 am) • Hesh (Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:36 am)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:50 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

rlrhett wrote:
guitarmaker78 wrote:

In Germany? In Japan? There is inflation all throughout the Western world. It’s a little provincial to think US monetary policy is the main cause.

If the international reserve and trading currency is USD then other countries need to inflate their prices to keep up with US inflation.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:12 pm 
Koa
Koa

Clay S. wrote:
rlrhett wrote:
guitarmaker78 wrote:

If the international reserve and trading currency is USD then other countries need to inflate their prices to keep up with US inflation.

That’s a reasonable theory, but the eurozone, and especially Germany, isn’t dependent on USD reserves or the dollar as a trading currency.

In any case, looking for tenuous causes in the presence of clear links to global disruptions caused by COVID-19 and further disruptions to the global energy market due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine doesn’t seem logical. Occam’s Razor. These causes are global, and affected the developed world more or less equally. Inflation is global and affecting the developed world more or less equally. It’s possible that local monetary policy contributes, but why ignore the obvious? There is an expression in Spanish that says, “don’t look for three legs on a cat knowing it has four.”

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:18 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Willard
Last Name: Guthrie
City: Cumberland
State: Maryland 21502
Zip/Postal Code: 21502
Focus: Repair
I just had this conversation with the fellows at Greenridge, and this is the follow-up note from Mr. Stock:

Quote:
Burning 5 trillion dollars when the recovery was already well under way in late 2020 did not help, but if you think this is COVID or Janet missing stuff she should have caught (yeah... she did, and heads the list of the five cabinet secs that should have already been canned), you have not been reading the stuff I've been sending. It is the end of the world as we know it, or more specifically, the end of the global lash-up the US built after WW2 to terminate the USSR. 31 years after we won that one, the wheels are coming off because of two key things.

1) Since 1988, we have not had an administration that had any interest in maintaining the US commitment to the global trade system because we never really benefited from it once the USSR collapsed. By design, the US purposefully has never integrated itself in the system we designed and built for everyone else as a bribe to support us in the Cold War period. Just 7% of US trade is with the rest of the world, and much of that with Mexico and Canada, so if the rest of the globe shut down, we'd see just a mild recession (think 1989-90) and we'd be good. On the other hand, things would really, really suck for China, the EU, and the other beneficiaries of the global trade system... which leads to the second thing...

2) This decade was always going to be when things fell apart...not due to Putin or Xi or whomever occupies the Oval Office, but because the demographic collapse of most nations was going to occur starting in 2020. COVID sped that up a bit, but just by a few years. China misplacing 100M subjects on their 2020 census was weird, but all that did was tell us that instead of China's population being half of what it was in 2020 by 2100, the new date is 2050. The mass retirement of the Boomers in every country on Earth tees up the greatest re-balancing of production, consumption, and capital formation that we've ever seen, with the shakeout likely to take the remainder of the 2020's and most of the 2030's. Some countries will fall, some will degrade, some will be sorta OK, and some will rise.

So what does this mean for us? Well, honestly, we're good here in the US... really better than good. All this chaos ultimately benefits us, the Mexicans, and to a moderate extent, Canada. We just have to double our industrial output in the next 5 years to make up for all the stuff we actually buy from the rest of the world - mostly sneakers and tech. Energy? we have enough courtesy of ND/SD, but we could probably scrape together the capital to continue building out solar and wind, and we - unlike Germany - actually have a lot of sunshine and wind. Reasonable gap technologies until fusion, but not necessary unless the Bakken plays out a few decades early. You mentioned new battery technologies, but those need CAPITAL, and that is going to be tough to find for a while.

What will suck is that inflation will be here to stay for a bit... because all that build-out and all that capital loss (key concept... no one feeds their retirement accounts twice a month after retirement... so no sugar rush to the equities markets).

Anyway, you asked why Russia had to invade Ukraine now, and that answer is related to the general demographic collapse I mentioned above. Putin had a choice - Russia dies a slow death with a forward-deployed, ever shrinking Russian army guarding 600 miles of borders or a much faster one if the traditional invasion routes are not controlled by the Russian army. That simple. What is not is what happens if Putin wins in Ukraine. Russia still has to close the Polish Gap and the Baltic Gap... both lead to war with NATO, which - because we finally know just how Russian troops and weapons systems stack up to NATO troops (summary...they don't) - will result in a nuclear exchange because that is doctrine for the Russians (existential threat to the Motherland is one of four trip-wires for Russian nuclear employment). And because getting their butt kicked by the Pols or the Lithuanians or the Estonians and having to retreat back to Russia is #2 on Putin's total embarrassment option list following 'pop some nukes' it is far more likely than not. The good news is that 16 dudes in 8 HIMARS systems are bleeding the Russians to the point where they are pulling 1950's vintage artillery rounds out of Belarusian warehouses to continue to try to feed the artillery offensive. That is a good sign, as well as the cascade failures of the oil and gas fields in Siberia as lack of Western tech support is felt.

We don't have that issue with China. They will die quietly, and we see the early signs of this as their systems break down and lock-downs are the only way to address the pandemic. Wage growth is China has been about 22x since Nixon enlisted China in the fight against the USSR, to the point where it makes more sense to manufacture in North America (with interior logistics lines and cheap energy) than to move out of China to another low-wage part of Asia. China bit on the ZPG thing hard, which sets up what we see today, while Xi's isolation (worse - way worse than even 44) limits what they can do to soften the landing. The question is not whether China survives as a nation, but whether we see 500 million starve as things collapse.

So in summary: long term inflation, high interest rates due to tight capital markets, wind and solar 'revolution' not doable right now (ask the Germans about the trillion dollars they paid to move 4% of their grid to wind and solar in a cloudy country without much wind). Great employment opportunities for Gen X and Gen Y (all those Boomers GONE... Gen X finally gets to be something other than interns.

Anyway... we can discuss next week if you make it over.

I did mention the currency thing. He laughed. To quote:

Quote:
LOL... seriously? Even the Euro has pegged itself to the dollar. Stop living in the last decade and start paying attention to what getting cut out of the US-defined international banking system and Swift has done to the Russians (besides that default on debt payments due to lack of access to make payment). Just say 'Dollar, Dollar, Dollar' and you'll have a head-start on understanding international financial and monetary systems.

-Mark Helprin, The Oceans and the Stars: A Sea Story, A War Story, A Love Story (A Novel)

These users thanked the author Woodie G for the post: Pmaj7 (Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:45 am)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:07 pm 
Koa
Koa

Woodie G wrote:
I just had this conversation with the fellows at Greenridge, and this is the follow-up note from Mr. Stock:

Quote:
Burning 5 trillion dollars when the recovery was already well under way in late 2020 did not help, but if you think this is COVID or Janet missing stuff she should have caught (yeah... she did, and heads the list of the five cabinet secs that should have already been canned), you have not been reading the stuff I've been sending. It is the end of the world as we know it, or more specifically, the end of the global lash-up the US built after WW2 to terminate the USSR. 31 years after we won that one, the wheels are coming off because of two key things.

1) Since 1988, we have not had an administration that had any interest in maintaining the US commitment to the global trade system because we never really benefited from it once the USSR collapsed. By design, the US purposefully has never integrated itself in the system we designed and built for everyone else as a bribe to support us in the Cold War period. Just 7% of US trade is with the rest of the world, and much of that with Mexico and Canada, so if the rest of the globe shut down, we'd see just a mild recession (think 1989-90) and we'd be good. On the other hand, things would really, really suck for China, the EU, and the other beneficiaries of the global trade system... which leads to the second thing...

2) This decade was always going to be when things fell apart...not due to Putin or Xi or whomever occupies the Oval Office, but because the demographic collapse of most nations was going to occur starting in 2020. COVID sped that up a bit, but just by a few years. China misplacing 100M subjects on their 2020 census was weird, but all that did was tell us that instead of China's population being half of what it was in 2020 by 2100, the new date is 2050. The mass retirement of the Boomers in every country on Earth tees up the greatest re-balancing of production, consumption, and capital formation that we've ever seen, with the shakeout likely to take the remainder of the 2020's and most of the 2030's. Some countries will fall, some will degrade, some will be sorta OK, and some will rise.

So what does this mean for us? Well, honestly, we're good here in the US... really better than good. All this chaos ultimately benefits us, the Mexicans, and to a moderate extent, Canada. We just have to double our industrial output in the next 5 years to make up for all the stuff we actually buy from the rest of the world - mostly sneakers and tech. Energy? we have enough courtesy of ND/SD, but we could probably scrape together the capital to continue building out solar and wind, and we - unlike Germany - actually have a lot of sunshine and wind. Reasonable gap technologies until fusion, but not necessary unless the Bakken plays out a few decades early. You mentioned new battery technologies, but those need CAPITAL, and that is going to be tough to find for a while.

What will suck is that inflation will be here to stay for a bit... because all that build-out and all that capital loss (key concept... no one feeds their retirement accounts twice a month after retirement... so no sugar rush to the equities markets).

Anyway, you asked why Russia had to invade Ukraine now, and that answer is related to the general demographic collapse I mentioned above. Putin had a choice - Russia dies a slow death with a forward-deployed, ever shrinking Russian army guarding 600 miles of borders or a much faster one if the traditional invasion routes are not controlled by the Russian army. That simple. What is not is what happens if Putin wins in Ukraine. Russia still has to close the Polish Gap and the Baltic Gap... both lead to war with NATO, which - because we finally know just how Russian troops and weapons systems stack up to NATO troops (summary...they don't) - will result in a nuclear exchange because that is doctrine for the Russians (existential threat to the Motherland is one of four trip-wires for Russian nuclear employment). And because getting their butt kicked by the Pols or the Lithuanians or the Estonians and having to retreat back to Russia is #2 on Putin's total embarrassment option list following 'pop some nukes' it is far more likely than not. The good news is that 16 dudes in 8 HIMARS systems are bleeding the Russians to the point where they are pulling 1950's vintage artillery rounds out of Belarusian warehouses to continue to try to feed the artillery offensive. That is a good sign, as well as the cascade failures of the oil and gas fields in Siberia as lack of Western tech support is felt.

We don't have that issue with China. They will die quietly, and we see the early signs of this as their systems break down and lock-downs are the only way to address the pandemic. Wage growth is China has been about 22x since Nixon enlisted China in the fight against the USSR, to the point where it makes more sense to manufacture in North America (with interior logistics lines and cheap energy) than to move out of China to another low-wage part of Asia. China bit on the ZPG thing hard, which sets up what we see today, while Xi's isolation (worse - way worse than even 44) limits what they can do to soften the landing. The question is not whether China survives as a nation, but whether we see 500 million starve as things collapse.

So in summary: long term inflation, high interest rates due to tight capital markets, wind and solar 'revolution' not doable right now (ask the Germans about the trillion dollars they paid to move 4% of their grid to wind and solar in a cloudy country without much wind). Great employment opportunities for Gen X and Gen Y (all those Boomers GONE... Gen X finally gets to be something other than interns.

Anyway... we can discuss next week if you make it over.

I did mention the currency thing. He laughed. To quote:

Quote:
LOL... seriously? Even the Euro has pegged itself to the dollar. Stop living in the last decade and start paying attention to what getting cut out of the US-defined international banking system and Swift has done to the Russians (besides that default on debt payments due to lack of access to make payment). Just say 'Dollar, Dollar, Dollar' and you'll have a head-start on understanding international financial and monetary systems.

Interesting, if not widely held, perspective. I will note it odd that he thinks that SWIFT pegs the euro to the dollar. SWIFT is a Belgian company. It is currency agnostic messaging system and 50% of transactions are not dollar denominated. However, even if he spins a strange tale, he does acknowledge current inflation is not primarily about COVID era monetary policy in the US. That seems to be consensus among economist. The rest is probably far afield of the original post about inflation.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:06 pm 
Koa
Koa

Quote:

Actually, I believe what the author suggested was that the sliding Euro and by extension, the EU central bankers were attempting to tie the Euro to the Dollar, rather than any involvement with the interbank payments system (Swift) that the Russians have lost access to due to the sanctions regime.

Russia is apparently fully able to make the $100M interest payment on the two international bonds held, but with access to Swift denied, that would mean renegotiating the specific terms of payment such that pallets of cash or gold bullion could be used. Shades of other late-night pallets of cash air deliveries!

I always question the value of commonly held views as you did yourself earlier in the thread. It seems that more and more often of late, we've seen commonly held views prove to be erroneous... whether the belief that inflation was transitory, or the notion that Ukraine could never hold out for more than a few days to a week, it seems like commonly held wisdom is less wisdom and more poor judgement.

I was fortunate to have listened to Mr. Stock in September when he saw clear warning signs of excessive spending as well as the early signs of global transport systems collapse that went well beyond what even a global event such as the pandemic should have caused. We can thank a few astutely aware senators for avoiding the addition of an further dose of accelerant on an already burning house with another $7T of spending. I'm not saying that 9+ percent is not extraordinarily high, but as you suggested, it could very well be worse. I moved most of my portfolio to investments aligned with higher interest rates (shrinking capital base) and persistently high inflation. So far, so good... down about 3% versus what seems like closer to 15% amongst my social circle.

Mr. Stock also noted in late January that if the Russians did initiate hostilities, they would be tied up in the Ukraine either fighting through at least September if not longer, and then for the foreseeable future in a country that would take every single member of the Russian armed forces to occupy and garrison the Polish border. As I recall, that was a distinctly minority view versus our military and political leadership, and indeed the world at large. In particular, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and Secretary of Defense, who where two of the Administration's leading lights re: the timing of and nature of our exit from Afghanistan last year, both seem to have been gobsmacked by the resistance of the Ukrainians, the failure of the Russian Army in the tactical, strategic, logistic, and leadership senses, and the value of arming as many citizens as could be managed. There was no equivalent of our Second Amendment written into the Ukrainian Constitution prior to the war, but I have to hope that their version of Messrs. Madison, Hamilton, and Jay will be along at some point should things turn out well to remedy that oversight.

As if to illustrate the principle of silver linings, the Chinese seem to have recognized that a foray into the ROC (aka, Taiwan) would be far bloodier and more costly than their thinking had suggested prior to the Russia-Ukraine War. May we pray that Taiwan remains safe from harm.

Thanks for your insights - always entertaining!

-Mark Helprin, The Oceans and the Stars: A Sea Story, A War Story, A Love Story (A Novel)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:24 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Mandrake?

Have you ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water?

Water, that's what I'm getting at, water. Mandrake, water is the source of all life. Seven-tenths of this Earth's surface is water. Why, do you realize that 70 percent of you is water?

Mandrake: Good Lord!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:09 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Inflation, exploitation, fluoridation... It's all a Commie Plot.... gaah laughing6-hehe

Are you into a little Strange love, doctor? bliss

These users thanked the author Clay S. for the post: jfmckenna (Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:40 pm)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:05 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Clay S. wrote:
Brad Goodman wrote:

Unreal.

Hi Brad,
It was BOAT lumber - Break Out Another Thousand! Having owned and worked on boats I have seen how many vendors take advantage of boat owners. Hyper inflation on boating stuff has been de rigueur for many years.

M. L. Condon has been in business at the same location for 105 years..
I have been going there for 50 years.I have never found their prices to be exorbitant as a matter of fact ,the reason I go there is because I can get a better deal on most woods compared to the specialty Luthier suppliers.
They may have started out as a “ boat” Lumberyard but at this point the majority of their lumber is sold to cabinet makers,furniture makers contractors and hobbyists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:25 am 
Mahogany
Mahogany

First name: Thomas
Last Name: T
rlrhett wrote:
guitarmaker78 wrote:

It’s a little provincial to think US monetary policy is the main cause.

Nope. Just Economics 101. More money in the economy chasing goods = inflation. Happens almost every time. Venezuela, for example. Takes a wheelbarrel of paper money to buy toilet paper. Literally. They printed more than we did, proportionally, but the concept is the same. If the international community loses faith and starts dumping the dollar, things will get much worse.

At least the Fed is finally raising interest rates. No free lunch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:55 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: colin
Last Name: north
guitarmaker78 wrote:
We printed Trillions of dollars.......

I wish I had! [:Y:]

Catgut is an abbreviation of the word cattle gut. Gut strings are made from sheep or goat intestines, in the past even from horse, mule or donkey intestines.

Otherwise it could be from the word kitgut or kitstring. Kit meant fiddle, not kitten.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:38 am 
Koa
Koa

Ick... finally got bit by the bug despite health care provider-level of jabs and mask phobia such that those around me were convinced that I was one of the founding members of the Branch COVIDian cult.

So I have heard a number of questions over the last year, with two in particular that stick out:

Q: When will this inflation end?

A: Not soon.

My take? 5-10 years, and only after the US, Mexico, and Canada recapitalize and double the industrial base. With Boomers pulling both labor and capital out of the system of the world, it really cannot be otherwise.

Q: When will things get back to normal?

A: Not soon enough.

My take? If normal is defined as restoring the old balance of production and demand, never. You cannot take big chunks of the global production machine offline without impacts. You cannot remove the Boomers from the labor market without huge impacts. In terms of the US, Canada, and Mexico, the move of offshore manufacturing back into North America which began in the early 2010's is now accelerating... at the same time capital is skant and we are dealing with that growing ex-Boomer labor crunch.

Interesting times.

These users thanked the author Woodie G for the post: bcombs510 (Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:23 am)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:09 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

It got me too Woddie even though we also were super careful. Fortunately for us it was the mildest cold I ever had. In a way it's nice to just have it over with.

These users thanked the author jfmckenna for the post: bcombs510 (Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:23 am)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:23 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Brad
Last Name: Combs
I’m also just getting over it. Sucks because it ruined a two week vacation I’ve been planning since January. I tested positive 2 days into the trip. Nowhere to quarantine in an RV so we just came back home. Turned out for the best as my wife tested positive two days later and my teenager a week later. Three people in a 200sq ft metal box being sick with Covid sounds pretty awful. :D

These users thanked the author bcombs510 for the post: jfmckenna (Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:35 pm)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:02 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

Friends and family were telling me for years that I was buying too much wood. I'm glad I didn't listen, and bought in bulk when I could. It's really paid off. Ebony fingerboards I bought back in the 80's are almost eight times the price. For tops, B&S, bridge blanks, I have more than I'll probably ever use. If you're serious about building, it's worth it.

Brent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:07 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Don
Last Name: Parker
City: Charleston
State: West Virginia
Zip/Postal Code: 25314
Darn, Brad! That stinks! My wife and I went on vacation a few weeks ago, and I caught Covid somewhere along the way. However, I did not start to feel symptoms until we were on the way home. The trip home was harsh, but the substantive part of the vacation was awesome. Sorry yours was not. Of course, the price I had to pay for a mostly unspoiled vacation was living through significant side effects from Paxlovid. Not everyone gets those, but I sure did.

No comment from me on the discussion of inflation.

These users thanked the author doncaparker for the post: bcombs510 (Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:49 pm)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 4:24 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Even being somewhat of a Hermit didn't help - my wife, daughter and lastly myself got Covid. We all had our shots and boosters. They went to the doctor, I didn't but the home test was strongly positive, and a couple of weeks of flulike symptom, chest congestion, and 6 weeks of dry cough and a sinus infection makes it pretty likely. With the long list of comorbidities I have I think I was pretty fortunate it was as mild as it was. I think sooner or later everyone will catch it, no matter how careful you are.
As more of us become "unemployed bums" as my friend's wife calls us, a greater number of us will have to be supported by a fewer number of the younger generation, who will be competing for a smaller amount of resources and fewer opportunities. We should enjoy the "free lunch" while it is still on the table. pizza