PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:52 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Mike
Last Name: O'Melia
City: Huntsville
State: Alabama
Focus: Build
I’m sure there are other options. Google LonelyScreen (dumb name). Download to laptop, install. Use screen sharing option on iPhone. For this to work, laptop and iPhone need to be on the same WiFi network (I have two networks in my shop/cabin) for various reasons. No cables needed. Turn on Mag-Light app on iPhone (free app), insert iPhone into body without touching screen, and now you can see images on laptop screen. I used it several times before I finally paid the $14.95 fee. It has proved very useful.

These users thanked the author Mike OMelia for the post (total 3): RusRob (Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:43 pm) • Hesh (Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:59 pm) • SteveSmith (Sun Oct 30, 2022 2:01 pm)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:43 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Bob
Last Name: Russell
State: Michigan USA
Focus: Repair
Thanks for the info Mike,

I have one of my old phones in the shop just for taking pictures. I don't have an app like you are talking about, but it would make it much easier. Currently If I need to check things out inside a box, I just put it on video and insert the phone in the body moving it around (blindly) to get a shot of what I am trying to see.

An app would be ideal for that. Ill have to look for one for my Android.

Thanks,
Bob

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:08 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Pat
Last Name: Foster
I suspect it's a really useful app, available for iPhone and Android. It's by subscription only, from what I can see. $15 a year doesn't sound like much, but after 5 years, it would add up to $75. That is a real probem for me, just on principal of "renting" software.

http://www.patfosterguitars.com

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:16 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Mike
Last Name: O'Melia
City: Huntsville
State: Alabama
Pat, u can always use it for free. It just has an annoying message about the subscription every time you start it. It’s way cheaper than an endoscope system. And, I don’t mind sharing the wealth when someone creates a useful tool. I only decided to pay the fee after it helped me on three projects. As a thank you. I made way more on those projects than the fee. Peace.

And I agree. Subscriptions for something like this suck. Once my subscription is over, back to free use.

These users thanked the author Mike OMelia for the post (total 2): Pat Foster (Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:15 pm) • CraigG (Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:36 pm)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:28 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Pat
Last Name: Foster
Mike OMelia wrote:
Pat, u can always use it for free. It just has an annoying message about the subscription every time you start it. It’s way cheaper than an endoscope system. And, I don’t mind sharing the wealth when someone creates a useful tool. I only decided to pay the fee after it helped me on three projects. As a thank you. I made way more on those projects than the fee. Peace.

And I agree. Subscriptions for something like this suck. Once my subscription is over, back to free use.

Bit the bullet and downloaded it, but it won't install on my Macbook. Investigation shows the app was last updated in 2015, so my OS must be too new? Now THAT'S a something I don't see very often!

Thanks,

Pat

http://www.patfosterguitars.com