Owned and operated by Lance Kragenbrink
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:55 pm 
Koa
Koa

Ok, let's talk about the meeting!
I thought it was a very good one, and even though we had that bump in the road with the cancellation a while ago, everyone seemed to remember what we asked about bringing something to show or discuss. We almost had TOO many things! So thanks to David, Ken, and Bill Wise too who I was finally able to meet. They all brought things to show and demonstrate. I brought my new banjo and showed a jig that I used to cut the neck heel too but I showed that right at the start of the meeting and some may have missed it!
   So, here's where we can talk about the next meeting- what would you like to see happen there? When should we have it? Where should we have it- some others have made it known that they would host a meeting.
    I'd like to see us have four meetings a year, at least. One ambitious thought I that I have- wouldn't it be nice to have a yearly meeting somewhere at a venue where we could set up a PA system and have everyone bring some food to pass around, and have a musical meeting where folks can play the things we build. I can provide a PA and my group will come as well....
   That's just one of my ideas- I'd like to hear other ideas from others!
    Now SPEAK UP!    Mark Swanson39112.9568055556

http://www.MarkSwansonMusic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:18 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

I thought it was great! Nice number showed up, great info shared, and even good driving conditions! I agree that at least four meetings a year for our goal would be nice. This one was worth the wait!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:29 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

Yes it was a good meeting! I missed a couple things as I was driving around lost. Mark I missed your banjo, I would have liked that. David humbled me by not only using practical knowledge but pulling out the multifuncion calculator to calculate the 12th root of something or other. I would love to have a musical gathering also Mark. I wanted to plug something into my amp that I brought to let you all hear it. There just wasn't enough time, although it was well organized.

Next meeting I suggest a show and tell time for each to show off the things they are proud of. I want to see and hear your stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:53 pm 
Mahogany
Mahogany

I also missed the beginning of the meeting. What I did see though, was great. Boy do I have alot to learn about guitar setup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:27 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

It was big fun for me! Learned some good stuff, too. I wrote some comments (as did Ken and Darin) in the "Who's going" thread here, but more comes to mind.

Mark mentioned his banjo--the neck he made for it is really nice looking. I especially liked the subtle touch of the heel cap inlay. Classy!

I was sorry that I didn't get to hear Ken's amp. He built solid-wood head and speaker cabinet enclosures for it that definitely make it stand out from the crowd--in a good way!

Mark, wasn't that Bill Wise's guitar that some folks got to handle and play? It sure looked fine! One thing we might consider for meetings is to always set aside some time for people who bring instruments, so they can show-and-tell and get some feedback if they like.

David Collins said he'd like to host the next meeting at his new shop. Maybe we could set a long-range date so people can plan ahead.CarltonM39113.6049305556

Post subject: Re: Meeting feedback...?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:42 am 
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood
Old Growth Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Hesh
Last Name: Breakstone
City: Ann Arbor
State: Michigan
How did this thread get bumped into the active topics? idunno