Owned and operated by Lance Kragenbrink
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:11 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Since LMI is closing, I’m trying to stock up on whatever I can that they have left. Most of stuff is discounted pretty heavily so it’s actually a good deal but once they’re gone a lot of this stuff is going to be hard to find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Brad Goodman for the post: jfmckenna (Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:25 am)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:36 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

I think I even shed a few tears. I just made my last purchase with LMI. I think the first purchase I ever made was in '92 or '93 and now 30 years later my last.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:59 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Don
Last Name: Parker
City: Charleston
State: West Virginia
Zip/Postal Code: 25314
Focus: Build
I've bought a lot from them over the years (who among us hasn't?), but I particularly have bought a fair amount in the last month. They offered a pretty big discount on 192g dry hide glue, so I stocked up. Very sad to see the end of this company.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:22 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

First name: Brad
Last Name: Combs
Focus: Build
There was a recent thread asking for an alternate source for black and white fiber sheets because the OP bought from LMI. I think we should make a sticky thread capturing all those alternate sources with preference given to sponsors. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

These users thanked the author bcombs510 for the post (total 4): Pmaj7 (Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:16 pm) • Michaeldc (Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:50 pm) • J De Rocher (Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:35 pm) • doncaparker (Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:25 pm)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:41 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Jay
Last Name: De Rocher
City: Bothell
State: Washington
That sounds like a good idea to me, Brad.

Also, for those who keep track of invoices for materials and supplies you buy for instrument building or repair, LMI stopped sending out physical invoices with shipments a couple years ago. They are available on the LMI website under your account under Order History and can be downloaded as pdf files. I don't know if the LMI website will go dark at some point so I downloaded the ones I did not receive a physical copy of.

These users thanked the author J De Rocher for the post: Pmaj7 (Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:16 pm)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:16 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

I just went back to LMI's site to buy some more B/W/B/W ABS purfling and alas... it was gone! I have searched high and low and they were the only ones who had it.
It is also very hard (impossible??) to find .090 white ABS which I also got from them.....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:17 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

J De Rocher wrote:
That sounds like a good idea to me, Brad.

Also, for those who keep track of invoices for materials and supplies you buy for instrument building or repair, LMI stopped sending out physical invoices with shipments a couple years ago. They are available on the LMI website under your account under Order History and can be downloaded as pdf files. I don't know if the LMI website will go dark at some point so I downloaded the ones I did not receive a physical copy of.

They are no longer taking phone calls, looks like it will go dark in a week or 2....