PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:40 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Ken
Last Name: Nagy
City: Goodrich
State: MI
Focus: Build
I've seen people take off their glasses to use their magnifying regular vision. I don't have such a thing. I used to be able to read the writing on 8/32 taps. Then I started getting 1/4" fine and course taps mixed up. Glasses fix that.

The other day my wife was asking if I see the same in each eye. I don't know. So I checked. The right eye I could almost read MAR maybe 15" away; but I knew it was MAR. It was blurry. The left eye saw something like what I wrote under it. Complete nonsense. It was a mess.

But glasses get rid of it somehow.

Attachment:
IMG_1698.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

These users thanked the author Ken Nagy for the post: bcombs510 (Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:13 pm)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:09 pm 
Koa
Koa

That's funny Ken. I wear contacts as I found that without them and when I was golfing, I could see the ball fine for about 250 yards and then it was just gone! :) With my contacts out, I can read the Lord's prayer on a grain of rice but still wear a magnavisor for inlays.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:40 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Don
Last Name: Parker
City: Charleston
State: West Virginia
Zip/Postal Code: 25314
Focus: Build
Darrel Friesen wrote:
With my contacts out, I can read the Lord's prayer on a grain of rice

Gosh, I wonder what that would be like! I'm quite farsighted; I have excellent distance vision, but up close, things go mushy. Without glasses, I would not be able to read anything within arm's length, which would effectively make me unable to do my job. Never mind tiny things like delicate inlays or purfling miters; for those, I always put on my Mr. Magoo magnifying glasses. If it looks good at 3X, it looks great with regular vision. I just have to remember not to try walking with those darn things on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:28 pm 
Koa
Koa

First name: Dave
Last Name: Ball
I lived in magnavisors in the shop for years along with glasses. I had cataract surgery a few years ago, and that fixed my astigmatism (I was a little near sighted but had bad astigmatism). Now, I use off the shelf safety glasses of different powers--pretty much safety readers. That's been a big improvement. I see great at a distance now, but still need some help up close, but no longer have to wear prescription glasses too.

Dave