Mahogany

First name: Dean
Last Name: Miller
City: Buford
State: Georgia
Zip/Postal Code: 30518
Focus: Build
Hi,

Would anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for a 1981 Vantage VS600 Geetar?

Thanks,

Post subject: Re: 1981 Vantage VS600
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:39 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

First name: Brian
Last Name: Wilson
Depends. Seen those with 1 volume 1 tone a 3way switch and a toggle, right up to 2 vol 2 tone and 3 toggles. What's yours?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:03 am 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

First name: Michael
State: AR
http://www.dimarzio.com/sites/default/files/diagrams/2h1v1t_3w_all1dpdtonoffon.pdf - the one I think you're after. If not it's a good place for the other wiring diagrams for whatever you want to use the mini-switch for such as coil-splitter.

You may need to double check the color codes of the four wire HB's. They're not all the same.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/schematics.php?schematic=color_codes - a good chart.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:45 pm 
Mahogany
Mahogany

Yeah the guitar is going to be gutted. Everything is going to be replaced with new components. Pickups, Bridge, Pots, Switches, Wiring, Tuners, Knobs. And I am adding the Seymour Duncan Triple Shot HB Mounting Rings which add some really cool functionality.

The factory bridge is rusted and pitted, one pickup had already been replaced years ago, switches are bad, some of the tuners are not holding tune,... etc.. etc... etc...

So this is really a clean slate. I am wanting to add some cool functionality for my Brother-In-Law. First, like I said are the Triple Shots, then I have on hand two push pull pots, new on-on-on switches large and small to replace the originals... The Triple Shots, if you are not familiar with them, will turn each HB, or each side of a HB on/off as desired. One of the three way switches just turns the entire HB on/off which is okay too.

Maybe I am trying to add too much I dunno, I have regular pots to use as well. Maybe just use the Triple shots, 3-Way HB Selector, and use the other switch to put the HB's into series or parallel ?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:14 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

First name: Michael
State: AR
AR15DCM wrote:
Yeah the guitar is going to be gutted. Everything is going to be replaced with new components. Pickups, Bridge, Pots, Switches, Wiring, Tuners, Knobs. And I am adding the Seymour Duncan Triple Shot HB Mounting Rings which add some really cool functionality.

The factory bridge is rusted and pitted, one pickup had already been replaced years ago, switches are bad, some of the tuners are not holding tune,... etc.. etc... etc...

So this is really a clean slate. I am wanting to add some cool functionality for my Brother-In-Law. First, like I said are the Triple Shots, then I have on hand two push pull pots, new on-on-on switches large and small to replace the originals... The Triple Shots, if you are not familiar with them, will turn each HB, or each side of a HB on/off as desired. One of the three way switches just turns the entire HB on/off which is okay too.

Maybe I am trying to add too much I dunno, I have regular pots to use as well. Maybe just use the Triple shots, 3-Way HB Selector, and use the other switch to put the HB's into series or parallel ?

Huh...cool. So I guess you really didn't have a question. Never mind and good luck with the project.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:18 pm 
Mahogany
Mahogany

No, I do have a question. Does anyone have the original wiring diagram for Vantage VS600 ? I want to understand how it was originally wired to learn about it and incorporate the original features.