Owned and operated by Lance Kragenbrink
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Be nice, no cussin and enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:02 pm 
Koa
Koa

To everybody who ordered a radiused sanding block from Rod, I just got mine in the mail and it's great! The first thing I did is go down and fix the fret job I did on my first steel string and it worked perfect to file the edges down even (no more buzzing). Those blocks are as sturdy as a brick and I'm sure will last a long time.

Good job Rod!!!! [clap]

John

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:13 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Thanks John, glad you like it. I got a PM from David in California yesterday saying he hasn't gotten his yet. I'm hoping it comes for him today. Who knows the procedures for the Canadian/US postal service to get these things out to you all. Maybe David's is stuck in Texas somewhere, which would totally be on the way from West Coast Canada to California :roll:

"There's really no wrong way, as long as the results are what's desired." Charles Fox

"We have to constantly remind ourselves what we're doing....No Luthier is putting a man on the moon!" Harry Fleishman

"Generosity is always different in the eye of the person who didn't receive anything, but who wanted some." Waddy Thomson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:03 pm 
Cocobolo
Cocobolo

Hi Rod,

I see you're in Abbortsford. Me, just on the other side of the river, in Maple Ridge!

Just thought I'd say hi

Got anymore radius blocks?

Stefan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:48 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Stefan cool, welcome here. We should hook up sometime, maybe when Graham Steward is around we can have a mini OLF Lowermainland get together.

I may have one left, I'll let you know via pm in a couple of days.

"There's really no wrong way, as long as the results are what's desired." Charles Fox

"We have to constantly remind ourselves what we're doing....No Luthier is putting a man on the moon!" Harry Fleishman

"Generosity is always different in the eye of the person who didn't receive anything, but who wanted some." Waddy Thomson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:39 pm 
Walnut
Walnut

Rod, Stefan
I often come to Vancouver for medical reasons and would love to hook up with some people down there in the future. I am in Whitehorse Yukon.
Also do you have any more radius blocks?
Todd Hardy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:15 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Rod,

Canada Post delivered my 12" and 16" radius blocks yesterday. Very nice work. bliss I like how you used quartered maple and sanded them to such a nice finish. I am trying to decide whether to french polish or tru-oil them :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:44 pm 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Thanks Anthony,

Just so you know, there is already a couple thin coats of zinsser's seal coat on them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:19 pm 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

Rod True wrote:
Just so you know, there is already a couple thin coats of zinsser's seal coat on them.

Dewaxed I hope :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:25 am 
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

duh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:00 am 
Brazilian Rosewood
Brazilian Rosewood

I also received my 16" sanding block and love it. I immediately had to do the requisite QC inspection and I'm not surprised to report that the flat side is dead flat and the radius side is right on 16"R for the entire 18" length. The quality of material and workmanship is impressive and promises to remain stable throughout a few generations.

Let me know when you plan to build more...I'm in for a 12" radius block.

Thanks, Rod [clap] [clap] [clap]