Walnut
Walnut

First name: Daniel
Last Name: LeBlanc
City: Halifax
State: Nova Scotia
Zip/Postal Code: B3M 1P2
Hi,

My name is Daniel LeBlanc and I am looking for a luthier who needs an extra set of hands around the shop, a gofer or whatever else. I will work for free doing whatever menial job is needed, i only ask that I be allowed to ask questions and soak up any knowledge that might be offered. Part of the reason I am volunteering is I will be unable to work for money because I am immigrating to your beautiful country (Michigan and Grand Rapids in particular) from Nova Scotia, Canada. It will take 2-3 months to get the proper papers processed so that I will be able to work legally in the USA. So, I am taking a negative and turning it into an opportunity to begin to learn the craft of lutherie.

A bit about me:

I'm 26 years old and I recently graduated from the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design with a Bachelors in Fine Art. During my four years in art school my focus was sculpture, I worked in wood and metal mostly. I enjoy working with my hands to shape and create something beautiful from raw material. I have also held construction jobs and I am currently working at http://www.loyalistarms.ca/ milling, shaping and finishing historical firearm replicas. I play guitar (badly) and drums (also badly), I have always had a passion for music and I feel that lutherie is the perfect combination of two of my biggest passions. I'm moving to Grand Rapids to get married to my wonderful fiance who is doing her masters in painting at Kendal. I plan on attending the Galloup School of Lutherie after my fiance is finished her schooling and I am looking to get a head start on learning the art of lutherie.

I will be moving down to Michigan in late November of this year if all goes to plan. There will be a wedding and holidays so I probably wont be able to start until January 2012. If anyone is interested in taking me on, or knows anyone who might please either reply to my post here, or you can send me and email directly at danielleblanc@eastlink.ca

PS I will be living in Grand Rapids so I would like to work for someone local preferably.

Thanks, Daniel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:17 pm 
Koa
Koa

I am in Traverse City and would be glad to meet you sometime. Google TC and then write me. I build mostly ES 335 guitars now but have some other things going.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:50 pm 
Walnut
Walnut

First name: Daniel
Last Name: LeBlanc
City: Halifax
State: Nova Scotia
Zip/Postal Code: B3M 1P2
Thanks for replying to my post Ken. Unfortunately you are just too far away from GR to make it financially and logistically possible to commute to you every day.